Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-19 von insgesamt 19.

Samstag, 29. Oktober 2016, 20:49

Forenbeitrag von: »arrow«

ZZ Steller ?

I'm guessing the knob is for needle position and stitch width. Looks like a super solid and capable machine.

Mittwoch, 26. Oktober 2016, 15:20

Mundlos original-Victoria Klasse 125-15-Z

I guess a mould could be made and liquid plastic could be poored into it. I'm not sure if it is as easy as plaster of paris, but I guess it's basically the same method. They make rubber face masks this way, maybe there's a way with the hard high density plastic too. If you know someone with a lathe machine it's not too difficult. The problem is mostly the cost to go into a work shop and pay someone to measure the part and turn out a plastic or aluminium version of it. These days there are comput...

Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2016, 19:36

It's difficult with less common brands and models, but not impossible. I know some have made their own parts, but it requires access to a lathe machine, and knowledge of how to use it. Some plastics can be sort of chisled out, some use aluminum and paint it the right color. I was lucky once, and a guy made me a aluminium pulley as replacment for a part on an Elna Supermatic. Some have managed to glue nylon parts back toghether, but you need a bit of luck for it to work, and the right glue. There...

Montag, 24. Oktober 2016, 22:20

It can take time to track down the correct service manual for some models, but there are manuals for similar machines out there. If I'm correct, you have a straight stitcher with a bobbin case you take out and put in like a Bernina or a Singer model 15 ( or clam shell type?). A bit of general knowledge is usually enough to restore a straight stitch model. The general way about it is to unscrew face plate and needle plate, take out the bobbin case and clean out any lint and thread you might find....

Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2016, 23:00

Leder nähen mit einer Haushaltsnähmaschine möglich?

A general sharp point needle works well on soft leather, but sometimes a leather needle with a dagger edged tip will make the machine work more easily. There are various leather tips available and they are worth trying. I use polyester Gütermann extra strength thread or their top stitch thread, both are strong enough for leather, heavy duty seams on bags and similar. Mettler's extra strong and Seralon 30 are is fine too, polyester is always stronger than cotton and I found it's ideal for soft le...

Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2016, 21:29

Automatic 362-261 ZZ-Hebel defekt bzw. Ausbauen

There are various yahoo groups where you can reach expert help. one is called Necchi; Pfaff sewing machine collectors. I don't know of any German speaking groups, but there are more mechanical oriented German forums. I'm not a collector, but I have developed an interest in older machines and are fixing up one for regular use along side my modern machines. Some of them have turned out to be a joy to work on. I'm not allowed to link anywhere I think, I'm not quite sure of what's allowed when refer...

Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2016, 13:39

Suche Zubehör alte Singer Nähmaschine aus der H-Serie von 1906

You haven't had a chance to anwer yet, but I did a quick search on ebay.de and couldn't find much. My German is not very good so I'm sure you will come up with much better search terms than I did. Either way it does look like old Singer accessories are in plenty on ebay.uk, postage is not too bad either. Don't trust the content of these old boxes completely, it's very common to have them turn up with a collection of feet and bits from several sewing machines. The basic straigt stitch foot is oft...

Montag, 17. Oktober 2016, 16:03

Suche Zubehör alte Singer Nähmaschine aus der H-Serie von 1906

H is only the first letter in the serial number of the production line, if you go by the ismacs lists only they don't say much. In 1906 a lot of machines were made, lots of different models, but I guess the most common Singer domestic models were model 15, 27 or 28; model 66 was top of the line from 1900 to about 1928 (when model 201 was introduced). It could possibly be 127 and 128 which are slighly improved versions of 27 and 28, but I'm not sure if they had entered the picture as early as 190...

Freitag, 23. September 2016, 14:51

Pfaff 1132 öffnen

Force might be just the trick, combinded with a bit of wiggeling with a wedge or clever tool. I'm sorry I'm not much help. I see the 1132 has some nice stitch patterns and if you like the machine (or Evi perhaps) it's woth the effort. Sometimes a do-it-yourself repair is the only pratical way about it, at least of a repair and service cost as much as a new machine of similar standard. There might be a nack to get the pieces appart, the ones I've seen are assembled with a sort of click action, to...

Donnerstag, 22. September 2016, 13:15

Pfaff 1132 öffnen

I see you haven't received any replies. With plastic encased machines it's usually about finding a wedge of some kind to force open the joints of the casing. They are sort of clicked in place. If someone in your household has replaced cracked touch screens on phones, they come with a tool kit with tiny screw drivers and the ideal type of plastic wedge for this job. You sort of ease them into the seams in the casing, it will come off. There might be a few screws involved, you just have to feel yo...

Montag, 19. September 2016, 15:18

Adler 68

I don't t know your model at all (industrial leather machine?), but if you have changed from a thinner type thread to a ticker, you likely have to adjust bobbin tension as well. Make sure the needle is large enough for the thread (too small needle for the thread often the reason why it looks like you never get enough top tension no matter how high it's turned up). It's very noticeable when working with leather and densely woven fabrics.

Montag, 19. September 2016, 15:01

Phoenix 283F, vintage nähmaschine

I received a reply from the Adlermatic guy, but not much. I tried to sign up on a nähmaschinen technik forum (will mentioning this be a reason to hold my post back?), but they don't approve of my email address for some reason. I've sort of given up on it, and have to see what I can do on my own.

Sonntag, 18. September 2016, 23:42

I bought this jacket a few weeks ago. It's blue cotton duck, rather sturdy fabric, a bit stiff really. I noticed it was pieced together with straigth stitch only, very nice work and I liked it. I might use it as an inspiration for making a jaket on my own. The only zigzag I can see is a few centimeters enforcements in the pocket lining. It's something I feel I'm capable of, and not to difficult.

Sonntag, 18. September 2016, 02:32

I think I followed the guidelines, I'm not sure what I did wrong. I tried to post in the new thread earlier today, but it wasn't accepted for some reason. It might be something technical. With the massage a few days ago, there was something like "will be published after moderator has approved it". I will try again :- ) I posted two link to other sites.; pictures of a 1960s womens Dior coat, and a man's coat. Sewn with straight stitch only, edges were bonded with bias. not an overlock stitch in s...

Dienstag, 13. September 2016, 20:59

My message was held back to be moderated. I must have done something wrong; I just have to wait and see what happens. Your jacket looks very nice, and it's not even finished :- ) I'm very impressed, nice fabric too. I struggle a bit to get zippers nice, yours look perfect. I could definitely learn something from you.

Montag, 12. September 2016, 12:09

Hilfe für Ersatzteil Gritzner FZ Automatik (Filzrad)

Rereading your post I think probably I misunderstood you. By "Filzrad im Antrieb" do you mean a sort of rubber pulley? I have never encounterd any parts made of felt. It would help if you could post a picture of the parts involved. The sewing machines I've seen are eithee gear driven (in direct connection with the motor axle); sometimes it's a rubber pulley (friction wheel) which runs on the balance wheel; or there's belts involved. There are replacment pulleys for several bfands and models, som...

Montag, 12. September 2016, 11:58

Thanks for the reply Stickfuß I went to the blogs you linked too, and I will contact them both to see if they know about the Phoenix machine. Last night I bumped into some new information; at some point Gritzner and Phoenix possibly merged with Pfaff (1950s, 1960s?), it has to be further researched. Some of the sewing machines made in 1950s are very nice and up to everthing we do in 2016. I sometimes use an overlocker to finish of edges with stretchy stitches, it's an ideal combination. Regards

Sonntag, 11. September 2016, 13:38

Hilfe für Ersatzteil Gritzner FZ Automatik (Filzrad)

I picture googled "Gritzner FZ Automatik" and it looks super nice I like the green color and chromed details a lot. Some of the old machines are very well made, mostly metal internals and runs very smoothly. If I understand you correctly it was full of felted up dust and in need of a good cleaning. When I can't find the manual for it I go by feel; I think you can unscrew the top of the machine, there would be lots of oil points there. I guess the same for the freearm too; either the top pops up;...

Sonntag, 11. September 2016, 13:06

This is my first post, and I hope I'm allowed to write in English. I live in Norway and my German is unfortunately embarrassingly bad. With a lot of patience from anyone listening to me I can make my self understood (some what at least), and with a bit of effort I read well enough to dare register on this forum I have bought the nicest vintage sewing machine; a Phoenix 283F and it was made in Germany. I am doing my best at fixing it up. This brand is rather new to me and it's not very common aro...