Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Nähforum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

arrow

Anfänger

• »arrow« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 11. September 2016

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 11. September 2016, 13:06

Phoenix 283F, vintage nähmaschine

This is my first post, and I hope I'm allowed to write in English. I live in Norway and my German is unfortunately embarrassingly bad. With a lot of patience from anyone listening to me I can make my self understood (some what at least), and with a bit of effort I read well enough to dare register on this forum :)

I have bought the nicest vintage sewing machine; a Phoenix 283F and it was made in Germany. I am doing my best at fixing it up. This brand is rather new to me and it's not very common around here; at least compared to Singers they are far and few between. So far I have disassembled all lids, top of the freearm; vacuumed and poked out a lot of dust. It was dirty and it has signs of wear, but the internals look like they are in top condition. It probably needs a few more rounds of cleaning and oiling along the way though.

So far I have ordred the special needle system it takes ( 1738 ), I am looking for suitable motor belt replacements; I think I can use genering stretch belts or the orangey lugged neoprene type. The problem is the bobbin winder. The spring is broken, and there might be a part missing. There's not much info on this model anywhere on the web; a few pictures of it, forum and blog posts, but not much detailed info. I think it was made some time in the 1950s.

I am hoping this model is more known in Germany. It looks very nice and promising, and well worth some time and effort to get it running again. With it's green color, shiny finish and chromed levers and detailes, it looks very nice ^^ I would love to hear your experiences with it if anyone know it, and maybe if there's used part's for it available.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »arrow« (12. September 2016, 00:26)

Stickfuß

Schüler

• »Stickfuß« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 31. Juli 2016

Hobbys: Nähen und sticken

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 11. September 2016, 20:37

Hello arrow,
thank you for writing us. I saw the youtube video any hours ago about your machine. She seems beautiful and sounds nice too. I think, the most of us are not technicians, wherefore we can't help you. There are many factories in Germany. Theire staffs love to repaire very old sewing machines. I'm afraid so, you can't contact them without enough German language knowledges. Here are two links to contact: www.altenaehmaschine.de and www.naehprofi.com. Google and you will see, there are a lot of others. In German we say: Try your luck.
Maybe the other user will read your letter and you get your help. I hope so.
best regards
Stickfuß

arrow

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 12. September 2016, 11:58

Thanks for the reply Stickfuß

I went to the blogs you linked too, and I will contact them both to see if they know about the Phoenix machine. Last night I bumped into some new information; at some point Gritzner and Phoenix
possibly merged with Pfaff (1950s, 1960s?), it has to be further researched. Some of the sewing machines made in 1950s are very nice and up to everthing we do in 2016. I sometimes use an overlocker to finish of edges with stretchy stitches, it's an ideal combination.

Regards :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »arrow« (12. September 2016, 17:21)

Stickfuß

Schüler

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 13. September 2016, 14:56

Hello arrow,

actually I wanted to
write yesterday, but some days I'm too short of time. I hope, you had luck by
contacting manufactories. I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in history of
factories and their merge. That's often complicated and the research without
success. I like it to see and hear old sewing machines, but I love and use modern
ones. An Idea strikes me, there is a
technician in this forum called freedom-of-passion.
You could send him a private message, maybe he will answer to you. At first
I'm a sewer and embroiderer. Currently I'm sewing a long Jacket for my son.
The winter will come an he wished a simply jacked lined in with 2cm wadding,
without hundered pockets for smartphones and other waste. Two pockets in front
for gloves or snowballs, one zip fastener and ready to go. The work is nearly
finished. There are for pictures on this mail.

Sewing garments or other things without overlocker is
unthinkable. I allready wrote by my profile, that I use small machine by
toyota. She works very good.

You wrote, that you live in norway. Are you a norwegian too
or did you immigrate in this country? I'm sorry, but sometimes I'm a little bit
nosey. I'm interested in other people an countries too. If you want, write somthing.
I hope, my English is sufficient. I've learned my last English language lesson
about 15 years ago. Sometimes I thing, I've forgotten it all.

regards

Stickfuß
»Stickfuß« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • Jacke1.jpg
  • Jacke2.jpg
  • Jacke3.jpg
  • jack4.jpg

arrow

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 13. September 2016, 20:59

My message was held back to be moderated. I must have done something wrong; I just have to wait and see what happens.

Your jacket looks very nice, and it's not even finished :- ) I'm very impressed, nice fabric too. I struggle a bit to get zippers nice, yours look perfect. I could definitely learn something from you.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »arrow« (13. September 2016, 21:08)

Stickfuß

Schüler

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 17. September 2016, 21:47

Hello arrow,
I'm waiting for your message since five days. You've said, it will moderated. What have you done, that the moderation will last so long? It seems to be a covert operation. I wouldn't wait about. Maybe the administrator did it forget and you can wait until the next century. The best ist you forget it and write a new message.
regards Stickfuß

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Stickfuß« (17. September 2016, 21:58)

arrow

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 18. September 2016, 02:32

I think I followed the guidelines, I'm not sure what I did wrong. I tried to post in the new thread earlier today, but it wasn't accepted for some reason. It might be something technical. With the massage a few days ago, there was something like "will be published after moderator has approved it". I will try again :- )

I posted two link to other sites.; pictures of a 1960s womens Dior coat, and a man's coat. Sewn with straight stitch only, edges were bonded with bias. not an overlock stitch in sight. The only zigzag was possibly the buttonhole.

Stickfuß

Schüler

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 18. September 2016, 21:20

Your explain about your links sounds very interesting. Dior was a famos fashion designer in the past tense. There is even a flagshipstore in Paris in present age. That's interesting for all sewer. During my sewer school I've lernt about specially pleat called Diorfalte. How can an adminstrator delete such links ? I believe, you'll never see again your message combined the links. I think, there was a disaccord. He certainly thought, you posted an advertisement in place of intersting contexts. Advertisements are not allowed in this forum. What shall I say. Wellcome in pure Germany, I'm stunned.
The context you wanted to show us, is truly exciting. A finished garment bonded in bias of the fabric. I'll never have so much courage. But there is even a different. I'm a sewer and he was a famous designer and inventor. Write more about such things.
Stickfuß

arrow

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 18. September 2016, 23:42

I bought this jacket a few weeks ago. It's blue cotton duck, rather sturdy fabric, a bit stiff really. I noticed it was pieced together with straigth stitch only, very nice work and I liked it. I might use it as an inspiration for making a jaket on my own. The only zigzag I can see is a few centimeters enforcements in the pocket lining. It's something I feel I'm capable of, and not to difficult.

Stickfuß

Schüler

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 19. September 2016, 14:16

Hello arrow,
I think, there occured a disaccord and your message is away. Actually you wanted help for your Phoenix 283F. Did you contact other user or manufactories to get some?
I've finished the Jacked, my son tryed it on and now it's ready for the winter. There ist another new projekt. I have to modify trousers, that I sewed at the beginning of the year. My other son is younger, 9 years old. He grow's like a wind and so I have to modify his clothes ever and ever. If you have new projekts, write about.
Stickfuß

arrow

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 19. September 2016, 15:01

I received a reply from the Adlermatic guy, but not much. I tried to sign up on a nähmaschinen technik forum (will mentioning this be a reason to hold my post back?), but they don't approve of my email address for some reason. I've sort of given up on it, and have to see what I can do on my own.

Stickfuß

Schüler

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 20. September 2016, 20:58

Hi Arrow,
thank you for your PM. The picture you've sent are very interesting and nice to see. I wished, there are a good deal more Pictures in these and other forums, and I knew, you are not a spy or promotinal saler. You are not in a precarious position. I believe, Mr. Dior would be lucky, about such interest for his fashion and handycraft. Now I know what you mean if you've said without overlocker: At the pictures you've sent, the fabric edge are bonded with small hand stitches. This is necassary by sensitive und expensive fabrics. Fabric edges bonded by hand stay thin, while overlockedges go thick. If you use an electric iron you will see the Difference on a right side of fabric. The other method you mention, edge on the bias of the fabric is a lot easier, but not so reliable.
It's a pity that you didn't have any luck by contacting manufactories. In Germany we say: Help yourself, than helps god. Respective your pictures you can see it so or so. Germany is a land full of Kings. At first here is all strictly forbidden. Anybody like it to forbid something. Sometimes I'm lucky because I may breath the kinglike air. Don't worry and keep on doing.
Stickfuß

Thema bewerten