Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

neugi01

Anfänger

• »neugi01« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 17. Oktober 2016

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 17. Oktober 2016, 12:52

Suche Zubehör alte Singer Nähmaschine aus der H-Serie von 1906

Hallo, ich habe eine alte Singer-Nähmaschine, leider ohne Nadeln, ohne Zubehör, ohne alles, würde sie gern mal ausprobieren, suche Hilfe in jeder Form, ob als Zubehör oder nur ein Tipp wo ich sowas finden könnte, bei ebay hab ich schon geschaut und auch auf der Singer-Seite werde ich leider nicht fündig. ;(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »neugi01« (17. Oktober 2016, 14:20)

arrow

Anfänger

Registrierungsdatum: 11. September 2016

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 17. Oktober 2016, 16:03

H is only the first letter in the serial number of the production line, if you go by the ismacs lists only they don't say much. In 1906 a lot of machines were made, lots of different models, but I guess the most common Singer domestic models were model 15, 27 or 28; model 66 was top of the line from 1900 to about 1928 (when model 201 was introduced). It could possibly be 127 and 128 which are slighly improved versions of 27 and 28, but I'm not sure if they had entered the picture as early as 1906. If it's made in America it could be model 115 or 101, which is very nice but doesn't turn up as often in Europe. Either way, they are all low shank models, take the same basic feet and use needle system 15x1 / 130 / 705, which is still the most common needle. The exception is very early model 66, they can have a back clamp presser bar and don't the regular side clamp feet. In other words, most of these machine by far are easy to find parts and accessories for. Replacement bobbins are still easy to find too, but you have to indentify the model. The best way to get feet is to buy used, and they can be tracked down from various sources on the web. Make sure they are for the old straight stitch models and not swing needle zigzaggers (wich both can be low shank but have wider set feed dogs). Some brand new low shank feet can work fine (like darning feet, embroidery feet, etc), but for the basic accessories the old pre 1960s made stuff is the best, they are easy to find and not too expensive.

I'm sure several of us would love to se a picture of your machine, and it's more easy to identify model.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 8 mal editiert, zuletzt von »arrow« (17. Oktober 2016, 22:31)

arrow

Anfänger

Registrierungsdatum: 11. September 2016

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2016, 13:39

You haven't had a chance to anwer yet, but I did a quick search on ebay.de and couldn't find much. My German is not very good so I'm sure you will come up with much better search terms than I did. Either way it does look like old Singer accessories are in plenty on ebay.uk, postage is not too bad either. Don't trust the content of these old boxes completely, it's very common to have them turn up with a collection of feet and bits from several sewing machines. The basic straigt stitch foot is often not among a lot or box of accessories, you might have to search it out particularly. I am assuming you have a domestic model and not an industrial, but you might either. In 1906 non of the feet where hinged like later on, but if you should happen to end up with one, it works just as well. With a bit of luck you might find someone more local to you who has spent his or hers time on old sewing machines. Helen Howes in UK has a business where she parts up old machines and sells almost any part you can think of.

Thema bewerten